Bluwr is an open platform that exists to share ideas and stories that are created, run and populated by its users.
We welcome thoughtful and civil discussion from a broad spectrum of viewpoints. Nevertheless, to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for a wide range of people to engage in meaningful conversations, we prohibit certain conduct.
While we encourage all users to post only information that is truthful and accurate, Bluwr is not a fact finder and cannot be put in a position to determine the legitimacy of contributed content. All users should know that their contributed content could subject them to misrepresentation or defamation claims, which Bluwr will not moderate or arbitrate.
Violations of our rules may result in consequences such as account restrictions, limited distribution of your posts, and suspension of your account. Bluwr has the sole authority and final decision as to whether content or behavior violates our rules. Below the rules governing the community are the platform-wide rules that apply to everyone on Bluwr.
If you encounter content that may be in breach of these guidelines or have any questions about them, you can email us at [email protected].
This is an evolving document. We reserve the right to update these Content Guidelines at our discretion and without notice.
We want Bluwr to be a safe place for discussion and expression. At the same time, we believe that critique and discussion of controversial issues are part of robust discourse, so we work to find a reasonable balance between these two priorities.
We do not allow posts, stories or accounts that engage in the following restricted categories of activity. This is not a complete list, and we have the right to remove any content that we find inappropriate. Any content that could put our community at risk will be removed:
- Promotion of inappropriate content
- Facilitation of gambling or betting
- Facilitation of buying or selling social media interactions, including off-platform
- Facilitation of copyright or other intellectual property violation
- Facilitation or evidence of violating the Terms of service of Bluwr or third party(s)
- Facilitation of illegal hacking (e.g., stealing credentials, compromising personal data)
- Facilitation of sexual services
- Facilitation of any other illegal activity.
HarassmentWe don't tolerate harassment, which includes:
- Bullying, threatening, mocking, or shaming someone, or posting things likely to encourage others to do so
- Engaging in a repetitive or targeted campaign of harassment against someone or a group of people
- Using derogatory language, racial slurs, or obscenities to disparage or attack someone or a group of people
- Reviewing businesses or products in a gratuitously harmful or abusive manner
Violence and Hate
There are many forms of violence that can be harmful to our community. We do not allow content or actions that threaten, encourage, or incite violence against anyone, directly or indirectly.
We do not allow content that constitutes or promotes violence, or hatred.
We do not allow hateful text, images, symbols, or other content, including in your username.
We do not allow posting, linking to, or otherwise promoting pornographic or sexually exploitative content. We do not allow gratuitously graphic or disturbing media, regardless of subject matter.
We do not allow impersonation, which includes posing as another person, brand, or organization. This applies to Bluwr itself: don’t use Bluwr’s name, logo, or trademark in any way that misrepresents the company or misleads others.
Privacy and ReputationWe do not allow the following:
- Posting images of, transcripts of, copies of, or links to private communications between private individuals without the explicit consent of all parties to the communication. Redacting names or other information does not supplant the need to secure permissions
- Doxing, which includes not only private or obscure personal information but also the aggregation of publicly available information to target, shame, blackmail, harass, intimidate, threaten, or endanger a person or group of people
- Posting intimate or explicit images taken or posted without the subject's express consent
- Content that violates others' privacy or personal safety, including sensitive or confidential information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, non-public phone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, or other similar information
Spam or Site Misuse
We do not allow spam or misuse of Bluwr. All spam or misuse will be immediately removed from Bluwr without notification. Examples of spam or misuse include:
- Posting content primarily to drive traffic to, or increase the search rankings of, an external site, product, or service
- Scraping and reposting content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gains
- Posting duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts
- Stories where the content is clipped with the purpose of linking to the rest of the article on a different website
- Performing a disproportionately large number of interactions, particularly by automated means
- Repeatedly using responses or other interactions as a method of promotion or marketing
- Participating in bounty campaigns or brigades to artificially inflate rankings for posts, accounts, businesses, or products
- Use or re-use content templates with slight modifications across multiple posts and accounts
Copyright and trademark infringement
You must respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. Per our Terms of Service, we require users to have permission to post the content they publish on Bluwr. Do not publish any material that was written or created by someone else and claim it as your own.
Deceptive conductWe do not allow deceptive conduct on Bluwr. This includes:
- Posting content or impersonating a person or organization in a way likely to deceive people
- Using Bluwr for phishing or fraud. Don't use tags, links, titles, or other metadata in a misleading way. Don't link to or embed malicious or harmful code or software in your posts
- Don't use deception to generate revenue or traffic
Ads, Promotions, and Marketing
We do not allow third-party advertising and sponsorships. While you may promote your own business, you may not advertise or promote third-party products, services, or brands through Bluwr posts, publications, or stories. This includes images that indicate brand sponsorship in a post or letter, or as part of a publication name or logo.
You must disclose affiliate links. If you have received payment, goods or services, or something else of value in exchange for writing a post, you must still disclose this fact in writing within your post.